Gmail does not receive forwarded emails (SOLVED)
September 3, 2021
Some Gmail users face the problem that the configured forwarding to the Google mailbox (Gmail) does not work, or is unstable.
I faced such a problem when trying to set up forwarding from mail.ru mail to @gmail.com mail. In my case, forwarding from mail.ru was configured correctly and enabled. Moreover, it even worked for some time.
Google has shown that the problem when forwarded emails are not being delivered is encountered by many users – there is no official solution to the problem from Google.
First of all, it is recommended to check the filters in Gmail – some of them can send mail to spam or delete emails without putting them in the Inbox. Instead of going into the filters and trying to figure them out, just send a letter from the mailbox from which you set up forwarding to the address where you want to forward – if the electronic letter has arrived, then it is not about filters.
Instead of trying to fix unstable forwarded emails, there is another, more reliable way out. You can set up Gmail to check and receive mail from other mailboxes.
How to set up Gmail to check mail from other mailboxes
Go to Gmail mailbox, click the gear in the upper right corner and select “See all settings”.
Go to the “Accounts and Import” tab. Find the “Check mail from other accounts” section and click “Add a mail account”.
Enter the email address from which you want to forward emails as soon as they arrive.
Select “Import emails from my other account (POP3)”.
Enter your mailbox password.
Next, you will be asked if you want to be able to send electronic letters from this account. If so, you just need to enter the password again.
This method turned out to be more reliable than forwarding emails. You need to remember that emails will stop being forwarded (coming to your Gmail mailbox) if you change the password for the forwarded mailbox, so when you change your password, do not forget to change it in the Gmail settings.
- WordPress: A critical error occurred on the site – impossible to enter the control panel (SOLVED) (100%)
- Permanent message “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.” (SOLVED) (100%)
- Redirect to HTTPS not working in WordPress (100%)
- How to disable dash replacement in WordPress. AutoCorrect settings for characters and words in WordPress (50%)
- Cashback on airline tickets and hotels (50%)
- How to block access to my site from a specific bux site or any other site with negative traffic (RANDOM - 50%)