How to install Windows 11 without a Microsoft account
January 31, 2022
The Windows 11 and Windows 10 installer prompts you to create an online user account with Microsoft. Some functions of the operating system are tied to an online account, but many users prefer only an offline account. This guide will show you how to install Windows 11 without signing up for a Microsoft account.
How to install Windows 11 with a local account
The installation start is identical whether you want to use an online or offline account.
In the How would you like to set up this device step, select “Set up for personal use” and click the “Next” button.
In order not to create a Microsoft account, but to use an offline account, at the stage shown in the screenshot, scroll down and click “Sing-in options”.
Find and select “Offline account” option.
You will be persuaded, but click “Skip for now”.
Think of and enter a username.
Think up, remember and enter the password. If you want to log in to the computer without a password, then leave this field blank.
Do not rush to click “Next” at this stage.
Scroll through the list carefully – you may want to disable some/all options.
If you have disabled all options, then the “Next” button will change to “Accept”.
- How to change the default web browser in Windows 11 (93.1%)
- How to install the latest PowerShell on Windows 11 (93.1%)
- How to check PowerShell version in Windows 11 (93.1%)
- Full-text search for documents in a folder (93.1%)
- Full-text search in office files (Word) and archives – now it's easy! (93.1%)
- All chrome://* pages. Most useful chrome:// pages (RANDOM - 50%)