ERROR 1114 (HY000) at line 19894: The table ‘en’ is full (SOLVED)
September 24, 2023
Why does the “ERROR 1114 (HY000)” occur
When adding information to a database, for example, when using an “INSERT” statement, or when importing tables or databases into MySQL (MariaDB), error number 1114 may occur:
ERROR 1114 (HY000) at line 19894: The table 'en' is full
After the error there is an explanation: the specified table is completely occupied.
The problem is not that there is a limit to the amount of data that can be added to the table. Most likely, the problem is that there is no more space on the physical media (HDD, SSD or file system in RAM) on which the database with the specified table is located.
How to fix “ERROR 1114 (HY000)”
1. Increase free disk space
First of all, you need to free up space on your physical media.
Until you have done this, it is strongly recommended not to add or change data in the databases, as this may damage them.
The following articles may help you free up disk space:
Instead of deleting files, you can move your databases to a disk with more free space.
2. Restart the MySQL service
To ensure that the MySQL/MariaDB service is running correctly and is not affected by the previous low disk space issue, restart the service:
sudo systemctl restart mysql
Note: On some distributions the service may be called mysqld, but the name mysql is more generic.
3. Re-import the data
If the “ERROR 1114 (HY000)” error occurred while importing data and you have saved the file from which the import was performed, then it is recommended to delete the table for which the “ERROR 1114 (HY000)” was received, since the data in this table may be incomplete and/or damaged.
After deleting the problematic tables, import the data again.
- ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user 'mial'@'localhost' to database 'TestDB'. Can't create MySQL database (SOLVED) (100%)
- Error when using ‘USE’ statement in MySQL (Mariadb): “ERROR 1044 (42000): Access denied for user” (SOLVED) (100%)
- Why “mysql -h” doesn't show help. Error “option '-h' requires an argument” (SOLVED) (100%)
- Why is MySQL (MariaDB) asking for a password even when it is specified with the “-p” option (SOLVED) (100%)
- Error “ERROR 1143 (42000)”: command denied to user for column in table in MySQL (MariaDB) (SOLVED) (100%)
- pacman error “warning: failed to retrieve some files” (SOLVED) (RANDOM - 2.6%)