How to fix “Configuration File (php.ini) Path” no value (SOLVED)
April 17, 2021
The phpinfo function shows complete information about the PHP environment, including which modules are enabled, where the configuration files are located, with which options the PHP binaries were compiled, and much more.
To use this function in the web server folder create a file and copy to it:
<?php phpinfo ();
Save the file and open it in a web browser.
Why Configuration File (php.ini) Path has no value
As the name of the item “Configuration File (php.ini) Path” implies, this is the path to the configuration file php.ini. The php.ini file is important because it enables and disables modules, sets limits on the use of system hardware resources, and makes all other PHP settings.
As you can see in the screenshot, “Configuration File (php.ini) Path” is defined as “no value", that is, it is not set. You might think that something was done wrong and PHP works without modules.
But in fact, PHP and the web server on the computer from which the screenshot was taken are working as expected. Pay attention to the next item “Loaded Configuration File” after the highlighted line, it contains the value C:\Server\bin\PHP\php.ini, that is, the configuration file is loaded.
As for the “Configuration File (php.ini) Path”, the path to the file where php.ini is searched for by default is written here – this value is specified when compiling PHP, you do not need to worry about it.
That is, you need to pay attention only to the “Loaded Configuration File”, because if there is also “no value”, then it really means that the php.ini configuration file is not loaded and not used.
If some modules do not work, then carefully check the contents of php.ini – have you really uncommented the required lines?
After making changes to the php.ini file, remember to restart the web server for the changes to take effect.
- How to install Apache web server with PHP, MySQL and phpMyAdmin on Windows (95.2%)
- What is open_basedir for and how to use open_basedir (95.2%)
- Error “Unable to load dynamic library 'xmlrpc.so'” (SOLVED) (76.5%)
- How to add PHP path to %PATH% environment variable on Windows (64%)
- Error in LMDE “cryptsetup: WARNING: The initramfs image may not contain cryptsetup binaries nor crypto modules” (SOLVED) (54.9%)
- How to download YouTube subtitle file in any language (RANDOM - 50%)