Where to stay in Pattaya?
July 31, 2021
I write about Pattaya, about the purchase of housing there, and after all, its streets are right in front of my eyes, but I caught myself thinking that not everyone is well oriented in this city.
Let me introduce you to it a little on Google Maps.
Legend on my map:
1. Scale. This line is equal to one kilometer.
2. I have lived in this place for over a year, this is my first home when I came to live in Thailand. To the sea in a straight line a little more than a kilometer.
3. Big C Extra, Pro Language School – a large supermarket and language training school (for student visa), respectively. From my house to school 5-7 minutes walk and I was still late)))
4. The famous Walking Street
5. Pratumnak Hill (the edge of South Pattaya towards Jomtien), in short “mountains”. Here is the Pattaya View Point and the big Buddha. This, along with Walking Street, South Pattaya
6. Jomtien, Pattaya area stretched along the sea. There are umbrellas on the shore, it is here that the Immigration Office is where all foreigners need to go. A normal place, but a little far from the center, so rental housing is cheaper here
7. Central Festival is a big, maybe the biggest shopping center. This is where the ShabuShi Buffet, Zara Store and more are located. We met here for the first time with my first wife)))) I like this place.
8. The so-called Coconut Bar. Wide pedestrian path along the sea to Walking Street. Coconut – because coconut trees grow there. And Bar – because there are girls on the path…
9. Bus station – from here you can go to Bangkok and other places.
10. Sukhumvit Road – Sukhumvit Highway. I lived outside Sukhumvit, there is life there too (a reference to the joke “Is there life outside the Moscow Ring Road?”).
Where South Pattaya I said, Central Pattaya is the area where arrows 2, 3, 7, 8 are pointing. And North Pattaya on my map is partially cut off, it is located “above” Central on the map. There is also life there, in the sense of ordinary, it was there that I stayed on my first vacation. There is no nightlife beyond Sukhumvit, in North Pattaya the nightlife is also so-so, all the movement is in the South. Central also has something.
Where Dmitry (Thailandcer) lived in Pattaya
Thailandcer is a popular blogger, now deceased, he wrote about Thai women, night life. Let's find the area where he stayed in Pattaya – this is a quote from his commentary, I marked the legend on the second map with numbers in brackets. To make it easier for you to navigate, I added Central Festiva (1) and Walking Street (2) to the map:
Looking for a room in Pattaya. Again, I have never ordered in advance via the Internet. But I had personal preferences related to the past, nostalgia. Therefore, I always took a room in the area between soi Bongkot (8), the third street before the market in Bukhao (7), and the Beach road (6). It also includes soi Lengkee (3), soi Diana (4), Buakhao (5), and many small adjacent unnamed alleys. I walked around this area with my feet, although it is rather tiring. I always regretted that I did not rent a motorbike in the city. I looked into all suitable houses and asked for a room. I always examined the rooms personally.
The price depends on the pocket. Many rent only for a month. In general, I proceeded from the fact that a clean, bright room with air conditioning, within walking distance of places of interest to me, including Walking Street, should cost no more than 6,000 baht per month. Electricity and water are separate. In fact, for such a price it is very difficult to find in the area I need, either cramped, damp, dark and far away. Have to search.
Daily rent of rooms is unprofitable. They ask for a minimum of 600 baht per day, and up to 9,000 baht per month for the same room. It was expensive to me.
Look, not far from number 5 is 9 Karat Condo – I lived there for over a year at first. I often walked along the streets mentioned by Dmitry, but already arm in arm with my wife, usually returning from the beach or simply aimless city walks.
Everything is nearby, all the neighbors. Therefore, although Jomtien in terms of beach recreation is much better than the places described above in Central and South Pattaya, it is still “on the outskirts”, it is not exactly what we need.
I lived behind Sukhumvit for the reason that we were expecting the birth of a child, and three of us + grandmothers are cramped in the studio. Therefore, I rented a house – there was little money and at the price of a studio it was only enough for a house outside Sukhumvit. When my family came to visit, they liked it. But, in fact, it is not very convenient without a motorcycle. But here everything is primarily determined by personal life – at that time I was in such ecstasy that I simply did not pay attention to minor everyday inconveniences.
When (if at all) will all this be back now?..
So where to stay in Pattaya?
If you come for adult entertainment, then the most best place is in the area designated by Dmitry (Thailandcer). There are three-storey houses (townhouses) where you can find rooms for rent. In fact, close to this area you can find apartment buildings, like condos, but without a pool and their own territory. If I don’t save up for an apartment, then I’ll look for an apartment in Central Pattaya – in theory, it should be convenient and economical.
If you have come for a permanent life and have mastered a motorcycle, then you can rent a room almost anywhere – with a motorcycle it is convenient to live everywhere.
Without a motorcycle – Central Pattaya is convenient, it is convenient to get to schools, the beach, fairly large shopping centers and other shops.
- Travel to Chiang Khan (73.8%)
- How to choose an apartment in Thailand to buy: the cheapest condos (64.3%)
- In what condition are apartments for sale in Thailand on the primary market? (64.3%)
- Where else to look for apartments for purchase and rent in Thailand (64.3%)
- How to choose an apartment in Thailand to buy: condo up to 900 thousand baht (less than $29000) (64.3%)
- Do I need to pay tax on income from bank deposit in Thailand. What is the tax on income from the deposit (RANDOM - 50%)